Re: oracle for odbc error

From: Guus van de Sande <dyntas_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 1998/03/02

There seems to be some confusion on which database server you use. The ODBCdriver is suitable for an Oracle Rdb database (probably on an Open VMS machine). You need a server process on the Open VMS node called SQLSERVICES

to connect to an Rdb-database via ODBC.

From Rdb r 7.0 it is possible to make an SQLnet-connection to the Rdb-database. This also requires SQL SERVICES on VMS. SQL*Plus can work via SQL*net directly on SQL-services without the ODBC-driver for Rdb.

If you want to connect via ODBC to an Oracle 7 Server -database, you should use the Oracle7 ODBC-driver.

If you need further help, please be accurate and complete on the information on used DBMS and OS.

regards,
Guus van de Sande
independent Oracle Consultant.

Someone in Sky <hsho_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk> schreef in artikel <6de3pt$gcl_at_eng-ser1.erg.cuhk.edu.hk>...