Re: NT striping dangerous with Oracle 7 or 8?

From: Michel Kergoat <Michel.Kergoat_at_der.edfgdf.fr>
Date: 1998/03/02

What about the fiability of a commit statement ? IMO, the commit statement should take care of physical write on disk. What you said
sounds like "striping driver says to process that data is wrote, but it is not really wrote".
When writing on disk, it is not a matter of commit response quickness, but sure the
trustness of a driver's response.
I think that you talk about write caching, rather than disk striping. And this is the same on any OS, isn't it ? Couldn't the write caching of the striping driver be turned off ?

MK :-)