Re: Info on Reverse Engineering Indexes

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin_Haltmayer_at_KirchGruppe.de>
Date: 1998/03/02

Not quite correct. This will create an indexfile "y.sql" (because of "indexfile=y" parameter). If you want an indexfile "abc.out" you have to specify "indexfile=abc.out".

By the way, there is a known bug in this utility under Solaris 2.x: the last line does not have a 0x0a at the end meaning there is no line terminator. If you process the so-generated indexfile further with tools like awk or sed, the last line is not recognized as a text line altogether. Workaround: do a "echo >>abc.out" after the imp command.

Martin Haltmayer