Re: Anyone doing HOT/COLD Backups directly to TAPE ?????????

From: Sean Emery <emerys_at_jagunet.com>
Date: 1998/03/01

We use Legato Networker 4.2 and their Oracle Database Module. Works great -- talks
directly to Oracle's enterprise backup utility to handle online / offline backups and tape
archival of archived redo logs.

Depending on the size of your data, DASD might be cheaper, but I would recommend looking
into something like this. It pretty much runs itself once set up.

Sean

A Ustby <austby_at_centuryinter.net> wrote in article <34ed9131.0_at_news7.centuryinter.net>...