Resizing Raw Devices

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: 1998/02/28

Hi,

I use raw devices for my tablespaces. As a tablespace fills up, I have been adding aditional raw devices.

I know it is possible to expand a raw device using the HP-UX Logical Volume Manager (LVM). If I do this, can I use the Oracle ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE _____ RESIZE ____ command? Does this woek for increases? Decreases?

TIA Received on Sat Feb 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST