resize a table

From: Ed Lufker <elufker_at_swcp.com>
Date: 1998/02/28

Hi all:

Could someone post the method to resize a table. Here's what I think I know.

-I have to disable triggers and constraints
-Do an export of data
-do a full export
-import with show=y so I can get the sql to run to recreste the table with
a larger initial.
-drop and recreate the table
-import the data
-recreate the indexes
-enable triggers and constraints

thats all I know, I think I can get the size from doing a sum on dba_extents where the table name = the table I want to change.

does the above look right.

thanks
eddie lufker Received on Sat Feb 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST