Re: Listener Hanging

From: Mike Quist <mike.quist_at_supersolution.com>
Date: 1998/02/27

Vaughan Mc Carthy wrote in message <6d68j1$l1l$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>...
>Hi all
>
>I currently have a problem, where our listener on the server hangs
>unexpectedly once daily. Our database version, is 7.3.2.3. and the version
>of UNIX, is SINIX 5.43. Oracle recommended that we start the listener,
 using
>nohup. The problem seemed to go away for a while, but started re-appearing
>about a week ago. Does anybody have any ideas??
>Regards
>Vaughan

Vaughan,
I've seen this before. It sounds as if your listener "socket" files are being
clobbered. These files get put in a temporary, hidden directory (e.g. /tmp/.oracle). If your UNIX admin is running a job daily to clean up /tmp, this will hang the listener. I've read a support note on this from Oracle. You may want to check the Metalink site. Hope this helps,
Mike Received on Fri Feb 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST