Sort Algorithm

From: <eaviles_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/02/27

Hi

   Does anyone know what sorting algorithm Oracle uses in an ORDER BY clause? Is it quick sort? I'm asking because I want to decide whether to allow the DB to sort my data or select the data, then call qsort() (I'm using Pro*C).

   Just as there are books on UNIX internals, is there a book on Oracle internals?

  Please, reply by mail.

Thanks,

Enrique