Re: Oracle8 on AIX4.2 - Raw disk or file system?

From: John Roberts <jrobert1_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/27

Robert,

        I'm not sure about the speed of raw vs file systems, but I was under the impression that on an SP2 running parallel server ( I presume you will need to do this to use your 4 nodes ), Oracle has to use vsd s, and vsd s can only be created on raw devices. You have to use vsd because each node needs to be able to read the disks owned by every other node.

Hope this helps

John Roberts

Robert Blizard <rblizard_at_cmcsys.com> wrote in article <34f6d514.4231364_at_news.ma.ultranet.com>...