Re: Backup on NT

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1998/02/27

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:28:16 +0000, Ana Neto <ana.neto_at_pararede.pt> wrote: Hi Ana,

though our db can be brought down during night hours we make a cold backup suing Arcserve 6 for NT. We're (i.e. our db is) also running in Archive Log mode. If your busines can afford to bring down db for a few ours may be these sample comman fiels and SQL-statements may help you:

we use NT4 with Arcserve 6.
'before backup job' will be a command file named 'BACKDOWN.CMD'. 'After Backup job' will be 'STARTUP.CMD'.

REM BACKDown.CMD

REM Making full export
call c:\...\cmd\exp_full.cmd

REM Copying export out of RAID
copy D:\dbf\dump f:\dump

REM Shutting down
call c:\cmd\down_bac.cmd

REM Copying control-dump out of RAID
copy c:\...\orant\rdbms73\trace\control f:\control

REM Copying archived redo-logs out of RAID call c:\...\cmd\cop_arch.cmd

REM EXP_FILL.CMD c:\...\orant\bin\exp73.exe <dba>/<pwd> file=d:\dbf\dump\exp.dmp full=y log=d:\dbf\dump\log.txt >> d:\dbf\dump\exp.log REM Must say nobody is connected at this time since shop closes 20:00h.

REM DOWN_BAC.CMD
c:\...\orant\bin\SVRMGR23.EXE @c:\....\down_bac.sql

REM DWON_BAC.SQL CONNECT <dba>/<pwd>
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
STARTUP RESTRICT;

ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;		'archiving all 'current' redo logs
ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;
ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;
ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;

ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE; SHUTDOWN; REM STARTUP.CMD
c:\...\orant\bin\SVRMGR23.EXE @c:\....\down_bac.sql

REM STARTUP.SQL
connect <dba>/<pwd>
startup
set termout off
--filling data buffers
select * from <BlahBlah>;
--keeping some packages in cache

EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.STANDARD');	'pinning all packages you're using into SGA
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_STANDARD');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_UTILITY');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_DESCRIBE');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.PIDL');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DIANA');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DIUTIL');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('<BlahBlah');

--

Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)

GreMa_at_T-online.de