Re: Oracle for Unix versus Windows-NT

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/27

In article <34F4F459.3DF2_at_p3.net>, Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net> writes
>I know that the diehard
>NT fans will flame me on this, but there are times when you really need
>the command line.

I'm a diehard NT fan (at least for running Oracle on) and I wouldn't dream of flaming you. Of _course_ one needs sensible command-line utilities! What the hell is the use of a GUI app opening at 2am? I want to be in bed asleep when my database is doing its backups/reorgs/exports etc!
Fortunately they're easily and cheaply available.

--
Paul Brewer