Re: Backup on NT

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_intermetrics.com>
Date: 1998/02/26

Hi,

        Your backups currently are not likely to work if people are using the database while your going through your copy/backup procedure (esp. once the files get large - sys*.ora won't contain consistent data with the headers on the other files). Since you can turn them off once a day - I'd advise doing so. If you need to stay up 24x7, you probably want to investigate ARCHive log mode.

        For cold backups, BackupExec or Arcserve allow daily job scheduling, shutdown/startup procedure done through a prejob and postjob feature. Both packages (I think) allow drive and directory specification.

Greg