Re: How do I increase the File Descriptor setting in Solaris?

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/02/26

I'm not sure this works for Solaris.
I worked in Unixware (UNIX SVR 4.2)
and you can tune that setting using
mtune and stune files in /etc/conf/cf.d/ (some thing like that) or you can check mtune and stue files for the files parameter setting. I think it's the mtune which allows you to set the minimum and maximum paramters for the OS. If you can findout from these files what your current settings (Min, Max) you can try changing and rebuildin the Unix kernal (You need to rebuild unix kernelif you change parametersof these files) Look for OS documentation on these parameters

Madhu Cherukuri