Re: Oracle for Unix versus Windows-NT

From: Michel Kergoat <Michel.Kergoat_at_der.edfgdf.fr>
Date: 1998/02/26

With Oracle, you get the same features on NT as Unix, and it should be stable, because it is natively developped on Solaris and NT. So as long as Oracle is a company in which you could trust... But, your post sounds like you use DB in oversized system. In that way, you could scale down to NT.
There is a good article this month in DBMS magazine www.dbmsmag.com about scalability of OLTP.
Remember that NT lacks about scalability, and security, but it seems this is not your aim.
You need more hardware if you want to run several instance, as long NT appears to me as a One-Work-One-Box system.

Hope this help.
MK :-)