drop any table vs. delete any table

From: Gregg Sporar <gregg_sporar_at_i2.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

In several places in the documentation it states that to do a TRUNCATE on a table that is not in your own schema you have to have the DELETE ANY TABLE system privilege. In testing under v7.2.3 on HP-UX and v7.3.3 under NT, however, I get an "insufficient privilege" error when attempting a TRUNCATE of a table that is not in my schema. The only way I have found to fix this is to be granted the DROP ANY TABLE system privilege. My question is: Does anyone know if this is a bug in the code that might someday get fixed, or is the documentation wrong?

Please respond to my email address (gregg_sporar_at_i2.com) as our news server seems to be having some problems....

Thanks,
Gregg Received on Wed Feb 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST