Re: Init.Ora configuration

From: <ketanindia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

Hi,
I would suggest u check oracle7 server administrator's guide. It's online too.

But in any case, what is ur SGA size ? If it is too small then it may need to bring in lot of database blocks in main memory every time oracle requires them and if it is too large to be fit in the available main memory (Total memory - total memory required for all other apps on machine.) U are going after DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS parameters in the init.ora file mostly.

So u may have to figure that out first. Usually Oracle's defaults are not sufficiant.

Ketan Shah.