Date Type Problem

From: DINFA - Microcentro <microcentro_at_emfa.pt>
Date: 1998/02/25

Hi,

I read several messages about Date Problems. I have followed some clues but still have a problem:
I changed the NLS_DATE_FORMAT Parameter at init.ora to "YYYY-MM-DD" format and reinicialized the database instance. I have a table TAB1 that has a Date type column and when i make a select statement i get, for instance, 98.01.01. If i try to insert a value in that column like '1998-01-01' an error occurs: "ORA-01830: Date Format Picture ends before converting entire input string". If i do Alter Session set nls_date_format = 'YYYY-MM-DD' i have no problem, but i want the Default Date Format to 'YYYY-MM-DD'. Please i need Help!!

Thanks in Advanced Received on Wed Feb 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST