Error Analyzing SYS Schema in 8.0.3

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

I executed the following command from sqlplus while logged on as SYSTEM, and was amazed that I had a privilege problem. I then reconnected as SYS and received the identical error. Can anyone explain this? How can SYS have a privilege problem with its own objects???

TIA Ed

SQL> exec dbms_utility.analyze_schema('SYS', 'ESTIMATE')

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20000: You have insufficient privileges for an object in this schema.
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_UTILITY", line 256 ORA-06512: at line 1

SQL>

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"