Re: Help:Normal database shutdown takes forever

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/02/25

Hi,

If your users are on Windows[3.x|95|NT] boxes and they have the habit of exiting by closing the window instead of issuing an exit command Oracle may think they are still connected. When I have seen this there were console messages that reported a problem and Oracle wouldn't let any new users log in, but it also did not shut down.

Hope this helps

Jerry