Re: Which Database (MySQL, Oracle, mSQL, Protgress etc.)

From: Geoff Crawford <geoff_at_innov8cs.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

In article <34F36E8B.569_at_inmind.com.nospam>, austin_at_inmind.com.nospam wrote:

>When you work with 50G+ databases, no they won't take care of
>themselves, maybe the simple 100MB db's will. These large databases
>tend to have hundreds to thousands of database connections (users).
>You have to tune them to get very small gains in performance like
>getting 1 or 2 more transactions per second (when it already at
>3000 TPS) No! they won't take care of themselves.

As I stated in my private email with more detail, I consult to Fortune 50 companies with 50G+ databases all the time. And yes those databases do take care of themselves. Just depends on what database you use.

Geoff Crawford                       Phone:      (973) 627 - 0307
Innovative Client Servers            FAX:        (973) 627 - 0634
24 Dogwood Drive                     Email:    geoff_at_innov8cs.com
Denville NJ 07834                    Web: http://www.innov8cs.com