Re: Preferred OS for an Oracle Server?

From: Hunt Technologies, Inc <hunt_at_hunttech.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

Hi, there.

        My two cents.

        Generally about stability, NT is the most stable one. Look at the trend that SUN, SGI ... are all going to adopt NT to their next generation of computers. NT is definitly the most stable one. Specifically, technically speaking, NT is fairly stable, if you don't count in the frequent reboot when you install things. :-)

        Never buy a PC for mission cretical systems like database. DEC Alpha is the better choice, if you can aford.

        So, if I were you, my choice would be Alpha with NT as the Server hardware.

	Best.
	C.-J.