Help!!! Oralce 7.3 Crash

From: Christian Hofer <nospam_at_please.com>
Date: 1998/02/24

Hello!

My Oracle DB (Oracle 7.3, AIX 4.1) crashed last week. Unfortunately I have no backup of the DB. So I hope, that someone can help me to get the DB started again.

I get following error, when I try to start the database:

ORA-01122: DB File 16 Failed Verification Check
ORA-01110: Datafile 16: '/oradata/xyz16.dbf'
ORA-01210: Data File Header Is Media Corrupt

Is there a chance to correct the header of the specified Datafile. I have already tried the "recover" command, but with no success. If it's not possible to correct the file header, is there a possibility to start the database without the corrupted datafile?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Christian Hofer Received on Tue Feb 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST