Re: Prevent somebody logging in with SQL/Plus?

From: <posani_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/23

We can prevent using some or all sql*plus and sql command from sql*plus by using PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table which has to be created in system account. USe pupbld.sql to create this table and grant necessary permissions to other users on this table. You can prevent the user to do modifications to database from sql*plus by inserting rows into PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE. suppose you want to restrict user 'jones' from inserting,updating, deleting in the databse from sql*plus insert the followings in the columns of PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE.

PRODUCT USERID ATTRIBUT SCOPE NUMERICVALUE CHARVALUE DATE VALUE

SQL*Plus  JONES  INSERT    null   null       DISABLED    null
SQL*Plus  JONES  UPDATE    null   null       DISABLED    null
SQL*Plus  JONES  DELETE    null   null       DISABLED    null

Hope this will solve your problem.

posani suresh

posani_at_hotmail.com