Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: Guus van de Sande <dyntas_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 1998/02/23

To contribute to the neverending discussion:

Open VMS on Alpha is a very stable, fault tolerant system for Oracle indeed (in fact I love it). Nevertheless, so is SUN Solaris, Digital Unix, HP-UX. But I agree with you that these OS's are to be preferred above Win NT. It's not mature yet, it will be in about 3-5 yrs. (btw the designer of Win NT, is the designer of VMS !!!!)

regards,
Guus van de Sande
independent Oracle consultant