Re: How do DBA products manage to insert a column in a table ??

From: A.E.Vervaeke <alanv_at_opustel.com>
Date: 1998/02/23

Philippe - they export or unload the data in the table to an external file. Then they drop the original, create the new one, and insert the data previously written out back into the table. The only thing is that they do it in the background and not in front of your eyes. Its kind of like you can fry 2 eggs, make bacon, fry potatoes, and make toast by yourself, or you can go to Friendly's and pay $2.22 for someone else to do it for you !

Alan V.