Re: Can anyone explain exactly what is meant by high water mark?

From: JojoSumalbag <jojo_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1998/02/23

High water mark....

Imagine this , when a you fill up a tub of water and remove some of this from the tub ... You still can see the high water mark of the previous content even the level of the water goes lower ..

This goes the same with rollback segment when it shrinks and expands .. .. The largest size it reached before it shrinks to its current size is your high water mark . Goes the same with concurrent users too ...