Re: Re:Perfomance decreased while performing a stored procedure

From: Nigel Rudgyard <nigel_at_rudgyard.demon.co.uk.nospam>
Date: 1998/02/21

Something else which you should be aware of is that once one the query execution plan of for procedure has been determined it will not be recalculated, therefore if the data upon which it operates varies significantly then the procedure should be flushed from the shared pool.

For example, when the procedure is initially executed perhaps a full table scan represents the best way of solving the query contained within the procedure, but over time, as rows are added, this becomes less and less efficient.

<717BDE76D864D011870F00A0C9283F1E1396A1_at_exchange.pinnacle.co.uk>...