Re: UTL_FILE Desperate- FIle I/O before version 7.3

From: ALEX J JENTILUCCI <AlexJent_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 1998/02/21

David Sisk wrote in message <6clqcp$b5u$1_at_news.ipass.net>...
>Peter:
>
>I don't think there is a UTL_FILE in pre-7.3. One alternative could be to
>use a SQL*Plus script with a SET SERVER OUTPUT ON and a SPOOL <path &
>filename> at the beginning, and a SPOOL OFF at the end.
>
>Good luck,
>Dave

    The only limitation using the above approach is that the buffer is limited to 1,000,000
characters.

Then you can use DBMS_OUTPUT.PUTLINE('Your text goes here.'). and the output is displayed AFTER completion of you script.

Generally you must set the buffer size. IE: SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000

ALEX Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST