Re: Cloning vs replication/snapshots

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: 1998/02/21

Chuck:

Unfortunately, Oracle's replication leaves much to be desired. You will get this task accomplished tremendously quicker by copying everything (cold) at the OS level. If you're interested in a good replication product for Oracle, go take a look at Quest Software's SharePlex Replication. Their web-site is www.quests.com. There's a very good white paper there by Eyal Aronoff.

Good luck,
Dave