Re: **Please help a student with a basic question**

From: Satish Narasimha <satishn_at_blr.sni.de>
Date: 1998/02/21

NChan50315 wrote:

> I have installed a trial version Personal Oracle7 and Developer/2000 from a CD
> provided with a book written by Paul Hipsley. I am successful in connecting
> and working with SQL*Plus using the Username:scott, password:tiger and leaving
> the hoststring blank. This is not a problem.
>
> When I start Forms 4.5 and try to connect to the database via the database
> objects node, a box pops up and asks for a username, password and the database
> name. What username, password and database name should I used to connect to
> the database? Username: scott and Password: tiger does not work!
> Please forward a copy of the reply to my address nchan50315_at_aol.com
> Thanks very much. Naveen

Hello,

     If it is not able to connect to the database u try giving it all the three parameters
 i.e. Username : Scott Passwd : Tiger and DatabaseName : <Ur DB Name>

 If this doesn't work u can connect as system user and manager as the passwd.  Their with the help of ur book see what are the type of privileges available for  scott user executing the query as "Select * from session_privs".

 I think if u can see that u can go ahead by ur selves...

 Hope this helps.... bye
Satish N. Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST