Anyone using Infomaker?

From: Nick Parsons <edl.edlnsps_at_mesmtpse.ericsson.se>
Date: 1998/02/20

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've recently created a database on a UNIX box to replace one on an NT box. The users have Infomaker 5.0 as a reporting tool. They used this quite successfully on the NT box, mainly because the db users were all set up with DBA privs!

I want to avoid this but can only get the connect profile to work if I use the SYSTEM id and password. I'm reluctant to do this as it gives them access to all objects. The documentation states that the connecting id should have Create Table and grant permissions to PUBLIC, but Connect and Resource gives them Create privs anyway.

There are three schemas set up. What I want to do is set it up so that when they go into Infomaker they only see the objects within that particular schema.

Any ideas? If you could e:mail me back I would appreciate it.

TIA Nick Parsons Received on Fri Feb 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST