Urgent/desperat: Multiple Instances

From: Jan M. Stankovsky <jan_at_ifs.univie.ac.at>
Date: 1998/02/20

I'm trying to create multiple Database and to start multiple instances with ORacle 734 under SOlaris 2.5.1.
At installation I've created the database oracle73 (sid : oracle73). After that i've tried to create with the Oracle Installer the databse michip (sid:michip).

I cant start both of them with dbstart or svrmgrl. I can start oracle73 with dbstart and i have to use svrmgrl (after setting ORACLE_SID
to michip ) to start michip.
 Not everybody can use both databases. oracle7(the oracleowener) can use michip but not oracle73 , me as a normal user can use oracle73 but not iistest [both get the errormessages:

ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

I've check all permissions but it appears to be allright)

After creating a third database (iistest;sid iistest) I cant even start this one with svrmgrl i get:
ORA-00205: error in identifying control file '/usr/local2/Oracle734/oradata/iistest/control01.ctl' ORA-09782: sfifi: another instance has the same database mounted.

How is it done with multiple instance/database. What could cause these problems.

thanks

--
Ing. Jan M. STANKOVSKY      ][ +1 406-23-67-15