Re: How to get time from Oracle?

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1998/02/20

Hi,
You are giving the wrong format for minutes (it should me MI not MM, MM is for
 month)
Try TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'HH:MI:SS')

AMARENDRA Steve Jelfs wrote:

> Jimmy wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I want to get system time from the Oracle. I use "select
> > to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MM:SS') from dual" in the SQL*PLUS. The first
> > result was "02:02:50". Later, I typed the above command again and the
> > result was "02:02:55". However, when I typed the command a few second
> > later, the result was "02:02:02". Why the system time seems running in
> > cycle?
>
> This is, in fact, Oracles solution to the millenium problem. By making
> the clock cycle backwards, developers will have until the year 1900 to
> put things right. At a stroke an additional 96 years of inflated wage
> rates and guaranteed jobs to work on the millenium "time-bomb"!!! ;-)
>
> Sj

AMARENDRA B NETTEM
Oracle Certified DBA (OCP)
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Residence:
-----------
5039 N E River Road,
Apt. 1A
NORRIDGE, IL 60656

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)
       (312) 913 6758 (W)

 E-mail:nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu,
        anettem_at_whittman-hart.com

Homepage: http://www.iit.edu/~nettama

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of Whittman-hart Inc.