Re: Cannot submit jobs thru Enterprise Manager

From: Bas Varkevisser <Bas.Varkevisser_at_cmg.nl>
Date: 1998/02/20

Roy Varghese <rvarghese_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>Hey people, please help me out with this one:
>I have installed Enterprise Manager 1.2 on my
>Windows PC and configured Intelligent Agent
>as specified by the Installation Guide on the UNIX
>servers running Oracle 7.2.3 and
>Oracle 7.3.2, and started Intelligent Agent on
>the server with dbsnmp_start.
>But when I submit jobs from my PC, the status of
>the
>job remains as 'SUBMITTED', it never changes and
>the jobs are never executed.

>Where should I start trouble-shooting, is there
>step by step guide to find out where the
>problem lies? Where can I find reference material
>to solve my problem? Help !!

>Thanks in advance !

The intelligent agent from the 7.3.2 release has a bug, ask Oracle for a patch. I had the same problem.

>Roy Varghese

    _____             _____                Greetings from The Hague
^..^     \9  -n +  |\/   o /  +ser                       orc_at_cmg.nl
(oo)_____/         |/\_____\                 Bas.Varkevisser_at_cmg.nl
    WW WW
               Opinions expressed here are my own most of the time.