Re: Full Database import

From: Rachel Carmichael <rachel.carmichael_at_citicorp.com>
Date: 1998/02/20

You can override this by precreating the tablespaces in a different path and then using the DESTROY parameter (I forget offhand if it should be set to Y or N -- but it is in the manual). Otherwise, yes if you create a "barebones" database and then do a full database import it will recreate the tablespaces in the same location. If you want to get around this, consider using symbolic links or logical names for the pathnames of the datafiles -- then you can redefine the link and the datafile will be created in the new location without having to manually move it.

Rachel