Re: parallel query server stays on hp for killed processes

From: A.E.Vervaeke <alanv_at_opustel.com>
Date: 1998/02/19

Parallel Query servers P001, P002, etc... stay around for awhile after a client process is killed. By setting the PARALLEL_SERVER_IDLE_TIME parameter in the INIT.ORA to 0, the process should die immediately. But then, it just takes that much more system resource when it becomes necessary to start up another one. Your call.

Alan V