Re: sppeding up partition views

From: A.E.Vervaeke <alanv_at_opustel.com>
Date: 1998/02/19

Thomas, it depends on what you are searching for. If you are using a partition view of 60 tables, are you narrowing your search based upon the partition key?? Are there other columns that you are searching on that could be indexed ? If your partition view is set up to be partitioned by , lets say, date and you do not include date in the where clause, then looking at the explain plan will show you that you are searching all 60 tables. Have you done an explain plan ? In 7.3.4 you can set up the AUTOTRACE role and use it thru SQL*plus.

Alan V.