Shrinking datafiles in Personal Oracle

From: <d.d.dee_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/02/19

I have installed PO7 on my PC (version 7.3.2.1.1). The datafile for the system tablespace must have been set to  autoextend because when I imported some tables from a production database, the file grew to 200MB. I have  deleted the tables, in fact the whole user but the system datafile is still over 200MB. The tablespace must contain  around 10MB.(see the first statement below, only 260 blocks above 10MB (2K blocksize)).
Even as I increase the size of the resize option I continue to get the same error message. Can anyone suggest a  way I can shrink this datafile, it is the only one in the system tablespace.

Output from session below

  1* alter database datafile 'C:\ORAWIN95\DATABASE\SYS1ORCL.ORA' resize 10M SQL> /
alter database datafile 'C:\ORAWIN95\DATABASE\SYS1ORCL.ORA' resize 10M
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03297: file contains 260 blocks of data beyond requested RESIZE value

SQL> alter database datafile 'C:\ORAWIN95\DATABASE\SYS1ORCL.ORA' resize 50M   2
SQL> /
alter database datafile 'C:\ORAWIN95\DATABASE\SYS1ORCL.ORA' resize 50M
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03297: file contains 215 blocks of data beyond requested RESIZE value

SQL> alter database datafile 'C:\ORAWIN95\DATABASE\SYS1ORCL.ORA' resize 180M; alter database datafile 'C:\ORAWIN95\DATABASE\SYS1ORCL.ORA' resize 180M
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03297: file contains 110 blocks of data beyond requested RESIZE value