Re: Database market is saturated fully, there is no more room!!

From: <martin.spott_at_notexistent.org>
Date: 1998/02/19

AI Group External User 2 <csx2ai_at_surrey.ac.uk> wrote:

> [...] In a business environment, I need control and accountability, and last
> of all an ass to kick to ensure my bottom line does not fall through the floor.
[...]

To kick someone's ass actually doesn't get your system up and running if it broke down. Sybase on Linux would compete against Sybase on SCO and WinNT. I bet a skilled sysadmin gets your Linux system up by hand much quicker than by kicking the ass of some SCO or Microsoft support staff ! And you'll need at least the Microsoft staff much more often ....

Martin.

--
	martin "at" quickstep "punkt" dirnet "punkt" com