Re: index made with constaint resides in table's tablespace...

From: Chuck Kincy <ckincy_at_pitc.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:49:37 GMT, "Jackie A. Marino" <Jackie.A.Marino_at_tgpl.twc.com> wrote:

[...]
>I use 'create index tablespace user_index', when I create an index aside
>from the table, but the constraints that need to be with the table have
>to be in the table's tablespace, right? Is there a way to move the
>index or specify where it goes in the create table syntax?

Yes.

CREATE TABLE foo

    (
    foo_id NUMBER,
    CONSTRAINT foo_pk PRIMARY KEY( foo_id )

        USING INDEX TABLESPACE user_index     )

The key to this magic is the USING INDEX subclause. If you have one, check your SQL Language Reference under "CONSTRAINT clause".

/cpk Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST