Re: ORA-07306 sms1sg: shmget error, unable to get a shared memory segment.

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

Thomas,

You need the Unix system admin to set several Unix kernel parameters that govern shared memory and semaphores. These should be listed in your install guide in the setting the environment chap. Note this requires a reboot of the machine.

You can use the ipcs Unix cmd to see current shared memory.

Basically the entire SGA is in shared memory. How big it is depends on your needs.

Oracle recommends setting the Unix parameter to their max. I believe Oracle will only use the amount needed for your SGA.

Ken F.

Thomas Hilke <Thomas.Hilke_at_dlh.de> wrote in article <34EB3E71.DA5C42CE_at_dlh.de>...