Re: Executing multi sql statements simulously in PL/SQL

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/02/18

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 00:06:09 -0600, mouyang_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Does Oracle have the capability to execute multi sql
>statements simulously in PL/SQL program?
>I want a stored procedure to execute multi sql in the
>same time intead of execute it subsequently.

Yes, if you schedule the sql statements (wrapped in PL/SQL procedures) from your program via DBMS_JOB supplied package and give them all equal execution start time (immediately, if you want). They will all be started at least aproximately at the same time and will run in paralell.

>Thanks for any help.
>
>Ouyang

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST