Re: Sybase -> Oracle8 SQL

From: venkata terala <venkata_at_inetnow.net>
Date: 1998/02/18

Anis,
Oracle and SQL Server (Sybase and MS SQL server) have very different architectures. You don't usually create as many databases in Oracle as you would in SQL Server. A tablespace in Oracle is probably the closest thing to a database in SQL Server.
In Oracle you usually create a schema (a user) and build all the objects required by one application in that users' schema. hope that helps
Venkat