Re: Create database problem..Please help

From: Thomas Sommerfeld <Thomas.Sommerfeld_at_Baden-Online.de>
Date: 1998/02/18

In the directory %RDBMS73%\Network\Admin you'll find a file LISTENER.ORA

There are some lines like the following at the end of the file: SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = ORCL)
    )
  )

Correct them by adding the SID DOG, so it will look like that: SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = ORCL)
    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = DOG)
    )
  )

After saving the edited file, use the NT service manager to stop and start the service
OracleTNSListener

Now try to connect to your new instance.

If this still fails, edit the file again and delete the last line if it looks like
PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)
and stop and start the service once again

Bye
Tom