Re: CREATING VIEWS

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1998/02/18

On 16-Feb-98 20:59:25 AScott wrote:

>Hi,

Moin!

>Does anyone have the answer to the following:

>I have created a view based on three tables. How does one create indexes
>on the view? I have tried but failed miserably.

As far as I know, it is not possible to create an index on a view. That's because a view is not a real table. It ist just the SQL with some extra parsing information. Therefore it does not contain any data that can be indexed.

>Cheers

>Andy

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de