Help Please : Connecting Oracle to MS IIS

From: Keith Lawrence <false_at_no.spam>
Date: 1998/02/17

I wonder if somebody could point me in the right direction or state something obvious that I'm missing...

NT4SV(SP3) with IIS3 and a test PO8.0.3 Oracle instance running.

Using the Visigenic 2.00.000 ODBC drivers and a system DSN pointing to the local Oracle instance, Oracle ODBC Test and various other clients connect OK using the datasource. Visual Studio (VID) also connects OK to the datasource with all granted tables and views showing in development mode.

However, when actually accessing the intranet page via IIS the intranet refuses to connect to the Oracle instance, ODBC error 80004005 'Error Attempting Logon' is reported.

What am I missing (apart from a few brain cells<g>)?

Keith L Received on Tue Feb 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST