Re: Help:NT faster UNIX?

From: Alexey Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 1998/02/17

Carsten Wiemann (carsten.wiemann_at_technet.net) wrote:
: I made several oracle instalations on WindowsNT and Unixcomputer (Sinix,
: HP-UX). If I made an import (dump) on WindowsNT-servers, there I needed
: 15-20 minutes. On Unix I need 40-60 minutes for the same import. But
: later, if I ran the application, there I have the same problem...unix is
: 2-3 times slower then NT.
: What is the solution. I can't accept this, because I think that Unix has
: to be faster then NT.

: Please help

: Carsten Wiemann
: Hattingen
: Germany

Look at your HD, Memory and CPU speed characteristics.

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Tue Feb 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST