Re: TRUNCATE and ARCHIVELOG mode

From: Keith E. Moore <kmacs_at_gandalf.kmacs.com>
Date: 1998/02/17

Sorry to hop on to your post, but I have a similar question for the oposite reason:

I would also like to know if there is a way to do a SQL*Load which does not create ARCHIVE logs. We have one table which is truncated and fully reloaded on a regular basis, but we do not need to recover it in case of failure (becuase we can recreate it by other means). This table is large, and therefore creates HUGE archives, which we don't need. Currently we keep this table in a seperate instance with ARCHIVELOG disabled, but running two instances wastes memory because of the dedicated memory for the SGA.

--
-- Keith Moore
   President

--
/*----C/C++--Java--VB--Pro*C--SQL--OCI--Java--Delphi--ODBC--COBOL-----*
 *        When the project must be saved at all costs:                *