Re: Help - JDBC thin driver and Oracle8 On NT

From: Robert Clevenger <robc_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1998/02/17

If you are using Oracle 8.0.3 then you need to get the SQL*Net patch to bring
your SQL*Net version up to 8.0.3.0.2 or higher.

That will get rid of the "No data to read on socket" error message.

Second, the JDBC thin driver does NOT use the SQLNET.ORA file in any way (It's all Java designed for applets, and installations without a local Oracle Client installation, therefore there might NOT be a SQLNET.ORA file for it to read from.

So you can just ignore the settings in that file when using the Type-4 JDBC driver.

Take Care,

Robert Clevenger