Re: Coalesce temp?

From: RobW95 <robw95_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

Jeff,
I don't think that I would make pctincrease 1. Temp segments are frequently created and dropped and to increase the resuablility of the free extents from the dropped segement(s) make them all the same size. To solve your problem now:

alter tablespace temp coalesce;

Granted, you have to monitor and do this occasionally but at least you will have everything uniform.

Rob Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST